A 1-Day Hands-On Workshop
This workshop is designed to improve the ability of leaders to communicate verbally and in writing, clearly and effectively, to carry out their missions. This is inherent to living and operating in an era of rapid personal and mass communication that requires face-to-face briefings, background papers, and staff packages to keep the mission moving forward.
This instruction presents skill-building modules that focus on the following core competencies: Professionalism, Communication, Body Language, Strategies for Persuasion and Understanding others Perspectives.
Learning Objectives & Topics Covered in this Workshop:
- Analyze and use body language with purpose
- Apply effective listening techniques to improve understanding
- Apply techniques to speak more confidently to build rapport and increase understanding of intent
- Understand communication styles
- Construct conversations to influence people
- Enhance written communication professionalism skills
- Model confidence to make a bigger impact on their audience
Audience: This workshop is designed for mid-level managers in the GS11-13 range or their equivalents.
Toolkits: Each Participant will receive a Student Handbook and access to an Online Toolkit, containing tools such as checklist, tips, techniques, and numerous other tools to help you use your new skills immediately.
CPE Credits: 7.0
CEU Credits: 0.6
Suggested Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
NASBA Program Level: Basic
NASBA Field of Study: Personal Development
Delivery Method: Group Live – Classroom