A 1 or 2 Day, Hands-On Workshop For Government Employees
Teamwork and unity in government organizations is rapidly evolving into a new form. Those who understand and practice effective conflict management and resolution will contribute to the continuing development of an effective, efficient and thriving workplace that will enable federal organizations to continue to meet their missions.
This workshop will demonstrate not only clear, practical conflict management and resolution techniques, but also how to implement them within the government work environment. Attendees will receive a Conflict Management and Resolution Handbookfilled with step-by-step instructions, examples, tip sheets, checklists, and resources that you will use in implementing strong Conflict Management skills.
Topics Covered in this Workshop—
- Definition of conflict
- Ingredients of conflict
- The differences between “competition” and “conflict”
- Conflict between individuals
- Conflict between groups of people
Identifying the Source of Conflict
- Types of conflict
- How to identify signs and stages of conflict
- What is Conflict Management?
- Use of Conflict Management
- 7 Steps to manage conflict
- Conflict Management Tools
Developing a Conflict Management Plan
- Assessing your current Conflict Management Plan
- Developing focus and vision
- Designing the Conflict Management Plan
- Challenges of implementing the Conflict Management Plan
Conflict Management Strategies
- What strategies are available?
- Determining which strategy to use
- What is Conflict Resolution?
- Actions to avoid during conflict resolution
- Consequences of Conflict Resolution
Alternative Dispute Resolution Techniques
- Dispute management
Putting it all Together
- The Personal Challenge
- The Leadership Challenge
- Quality Improvement Actions
- Measuring the Results
Action Steps for Success
- Clarifying your vision and values
- Assessing values
- Building credibility
- Assessing effectiveness
- Setting priorities
Questions for Your Personal Development
What you will take with you from this Workshop—
Identifying conflict within the workplace, determining the source of conflict, resolving conflict utilizing the resolution process, managing conflict with confidence, developing a conflict management plan, implementing proven conflict management strategies, understanding alternate dispute resolution techniques.