A 1-Day Hands-On Workshop
Recent studies by OPM and the Department of Labor have shown that those with higher competency in interpersonal skills and Emotional Intelligence (EQ) are higher performers, viewed more positively by their managers and get promoted faster. This workshop will take participants step-by-step through proven processes and techniques to improve EQ. Participants learn the meaning and value of EQ and gain personal insight into their own EQ competencies through self-assessment. Each participant will build a personal development strategy in class that is applicable to the government work environment.
Learning Objectives & Topics Covered in this Workshop:
- Understand the benefits of developing Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Define EQ competencies and origins
- Apply the researched EQ competency framework to optimize professional performance
- Build a personal EQ development strategy
- Conduct a personal EQ Assessment
- Apply tools and techniques for increasing competence in the Four Domains of EI
Audience: This workshop is designed for leaders/managers in the GS11-13 range or their equivalents.
Toolkits: Each Participant will receive a Student Handbook and access to an Online Toolkit, containing tools such as checklist, tips, techniques, and numerous other tools to help you use your new skills immediately.
CPE Credits: 7.0
CEU Credits: 0.6
Suggested Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
NASBA Program Level: Basic
NASBA Field of Study: Personal Development
Delivery Method: Group Live – Classroom