A 3 Day Hands-On Workshop
Everyone has asked themselves what it takes to be someone who is distinguished as clearly a leader. And now you can find the answer. This workshop shows you not only principles, but specific actions you can take to get results. You will learn the mindset and characteristics that set leaders apart from run-of-the-mill managers.
This workshop includes the latest thinking on the massive changes going on in government today…including collaborative decision making, building consensus, leading a generationally diverse workforce, dealing with budget changes, etc.
The Management Development: Leading from the Middle handbook you receive in this workshop is a powerful guide you will refer to for immediate results that your management and team will notice.
All attendees will receive a Student Handbook and access to an Online Toolkit, containing tools and research developed and gathered over decades by our instructors. Toolkits include items such as checklist, tips and techniques, sample documents, forms, academic and government studies, and numerous other tools to help you use your new skills immediately.
• Answer the question— “As an organization, who are we, what do we do, why do we exist?”
• Identify the set of organizational features, parameters, and variables to take into account in developing your management tactics
• Determining Organizational Priorities
• Steps to Take with Your Staff to Ensure Best Possible Outcomes
• Know how to Introduce Change…Especially When it Comes From the Top
• How to build a Personal Development Blueprint, in class, to showcase your strengths
In this workshop you will learn:
- Identify the set of organizational features, parameters, and variables to take into account in developing your management tactics
- Determining Organizational Priorities
- Specific Steps to Take with Your Staff to Ensure Best Possible Outcomes.
- Setting standards for your organization, tracking progress, and making adjustments
- How to track progress and How to Make the Necessary Decisions When Needed.
- Introducing Change…Especially When it Comes From the Top
- Answer the question— “As an organization, who are we, what do we do, why do we exist?”
- Assess your own organization’s mindset and learn How to shape it for positive results
- Learn how to build trust, increase your influence and build effective teams within a government organization
- List the skills, traits, and characteristics your organization needs to really perform
- Assess how your people meet your needs and what you can do to make them more engaged, motivated and effective
- List the skills and characteristics you bring to the organization
- Build a Personal Development Blueprint, in class, to showcase your strengths
- Develop the criteria—in class—to prioritize the training and development your people need to build the organization into something really effective
- Learn collaborative problem solving techniques that work in a government work environment
- Breaking Down Conflict – Understand how to prevent conflict, address it when it happens and move past it for a positive work environment
- Learn the steps to take to make your vision happen (and why you would want to do that)
CPE Credits: 20.0
CEU Credits: 1.7
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
NASBA Program Level: Basic
NASBA Field of Study: Business Management and Organization
Delivery Method: Group Live – Classroom