A 1 Day Hands-On Workshop
For Government Leaders, Supervisors, and Employees
It is a statistically proven and recognized fact that today’s government organizations must take innovative and deliberate approaches to managing, communicating, and retaining the current multi-generational workforce or face cascading morale and retention issues. This workshop provides not only an in-depth understanding of those challenges, but also provides solutions and proven techniques to meet those challenges.
An experienced and certified Multi-Generational workforce trainer will guide participants through research, discussions, and hands-on experiences aimed at learning proven ways of understanding generational differences, communicating across generational boundaries, and learning the responsibilities that each generation has to the other. Participants will gain a clear, practical look at the strengths, values, and communication practices of each Generation in today’s government workforce and be shown how to use that information for improved efficiency, morale, and retention. The workshop focuses on practical problems and situations in the government work environment, and characteristics of the currentgenerationally diverse work environment.
This workshop is aimed at developing and improving the skills needed by Leaders and employees of Government Organizations. Employees will gain increased understanding of what influences each generation’s typical work behaviors and how to use that information to increase cross communication and effectiveness. It provides new supervisors the skills and direction needed to form good habits and face tough challenges associated with leading groups, teams, or projects. It provides the opportunity for experienced Managers and Leaders to understand the newest workforce and apply techniques to capitalize on the strengths they bring to the tale, understand the challenges that will be faced, and ultimately apply diversity capitalization techniques that increase morale and retention.Each attendee will receive valuable insight about the different generation’s strengths and approach to the professional environment. Leaders and employees will bring live problems to the workshop and use the workshop learning and each other’s knowledge and experience to work through them.Building understanding, more effective communications, credibility and positively influencing people are prominent topics in the workshop.
The handbook you receive in this workshop is a powerful guide that you will refer to for immediate results that your management and team will notice.
- Introduction to the generational demographics of Government Organizations
- Understanding the values of each generation
- Digital Communication advantages and disadvantages
- Exploring and understanding preferred communication methods of a Multi- generation workforce
- Professional vs. Personal commitment and the shift in priorities
- How to understand the Boss and what they value in the Millennial employee
- Maximizing potential of the Millennial employee
- Motivation Factors for the newest employees of the organization
- Career outlook of Baby Boomers, Gen. X and Gen Y
- Attitude toward Service Delivery, Customer Service and outputs
- Personal Outlook of Baby Boomers, Gen. X and Gen Y
- Overcoming the Language Barrier
- The Role of Baby Boomers—Leave Your Legacy while embracing Millennial Ideology
- The Role of Generation X— “Bridge Gap”
- The Role of the Millennial— Understanding Your Boss while respecting tradition
- Techniques to maximize retention
- How to bridge the generation gap
- Techniques to increase effectiveness, communication and understanding
- Understanding the responsibility of each generation to the other