A 3 Day Hands-On Workshop for Government Employees
Staffed and taught by a motivational speaker who is a former Senior Government Leader, Achieving Breakthrough Leadership (ABL) is a course designed, staffed and delivered to inspire—its driving purpose and ultimate result. ABL is a meaningful and emotional experience for everyone that attends. Learn how small adjustments in attitudes and behaviors can produce inspiring and highly successful outcomes at work, at home, and in the community. Participants leave the ABL classroom invigorated with a greater sense of purpose, armed with practical behavioral tools that they can apply immediately, and with a firm belief that they can and must positively influence the performance culture and the collaborative work environment. ABL is a values-based course that introduces a leadership model that identifies critical priorities for driving energy, commitment, innovation and change while building leadership in others to ensure future organizational success.
This workshop is based on extensive research of leadership practices that achieve extraordinary results in the government workplace.
Topic Discussed in This Workshop:
- Distinguish between effective & ineffective leader behaviors.
- Identify elements that measure strength of the workplace.
- Differentiate between the roles & functions of managers & leaders.
- Discuss how the leader’s self-awareness, emotional intelligence, behavioral skills & personal credibility set the tone for engagement.
- Explain how passionately conveying a shared purpose & vision can drive pride in the organization & commitment from the workforce.
- Define the supervisor’s unique contribution to organization results & identify ways he or she can promote authentic human relationships.
- Identify five major dysfunctions of teams & explain why trust, constructive confrontation, inclusion & continuous improvement are essential for collaboration, innovation & successful outcomes.
- Explain how praise & recognition that reinforce corporate values strengthen employee self-esteem & improve team performance