A 1 Day Hands-On Workshop
This workshop focuses on understanding the challenges and rewards faced by novel leaders in today’s government workplace and learning proven ways of thinking and acting in leadership situations. It provides “real world” practical tips for all employees who want to prepare themselves for leadership.
This workshop addresses common problems in the government work environment, and proven solutions to overcome those obstacles. Participants will learn how to be recognized as someone who gets results. Building credibility and positively influencing people are prominent topics in the workshop.
Learning Objectives & Topics Covered in this Workshop:
- Definitions of Leadership
- Recognize Leader Qualities
- Identify Roles of Leaders
- Understand Various Leadership Styles
- Understand How To Motivate the Team
- Assess and Deal With Risk
- Develop Your Confidence as a Leader
- Evaluate Your Skill Level and Aptitude
- Understand and Apply Time Management Skills
- Apply Effective Communication
- Understand Delegating Techniques
- Identify Team Building Approaches
- Interpret Conflict & People Problems
Audience: This workshop is designed for entry-level supervisors and managers in the GS9-12 range or their equivalents.
Toolkits: Each Participant will receive a Student Handbook and access to an Online Toolkit, containing tools such as checklist, tips, techniques, and numerous other tools to help you use your new skills immediately.
CPE Credits: 7.0
CEU Credits: 0.6
Suggested Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
NASBA Program Level: Basic
NASBA Field of Study: Personal Development
Delivery Method: Group Live – Classroom