A 1 Day Workshop For Government Employees
This workshop introduces government employees to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), the Defense supplement to the FAR (DFARS), Procedures, Guidance and Information (PGI), and local supplements. This course reviews the structure, major contents, and topic areas of the FAR to aid in its use. The course also provides online references for future research.
This workshop takes you through a hands-on process of using the FAR and shows you, step-by-step, how to access specific parts of the FAR to determine the regulatory
requirements and the federal government’s way of doing business.
Topics Included in this workshop —
- The Regulations and Guidance
- Overview of the Federal Acquisition Regulation
- FAR Organization: Subchapters and Parts
- Part-by-Part Overview
- DFARS/PGI, Agency, and Local Supplement Impact
- Acquisition Process Overview
- Solicitation Provisions and Contract Clauses Matrix
- Impact on Policies and Procedures
- Lessons Learned from the Contract Attorney’s Desk book and GAO
- On-Line References for Future Reference