A 3 Day Hands-On Workshop
This workshop teaches what it takes to be someone who is distinguished as clearly a leader. Teaching skills that will have impact beyond the rank on a sleeve or title above a door. This workshop shows you not only principles, but specific actions you can take to get results. You will learn the characteristics that set leaders apart from run-of-the-mill supervisors and managers.
This workshop includes the latest thinking on the massive changes going on in government today…including collaborative leadership approaches, knowledge management techniques, performance management and more.
Topics in this Workshop—
- The Definition of Leadership—Influence
- Increasing your influence
- How to lead using the four basic influence strategies
- How to showcase your strengths
- The power of leadership
- The key to leadership with impact
- Authority, power and accountability
- Developing your leadership style
- Leadership quotient—Rate yourself
- Leadership That Inspires
- The 8 characteristics that set “leader managers” apart from ordinary managers
- Traits of extremely effective leaders
- How leaders motivate to get results
- How to build commitment
- Subtle questions – A new approach to leadership
- Vision—the Indispensable Quality of Leadership
- What is “vision” and why do you need one in a government organization?
- What are the steps to achieve the vision?
- What do your customers value about your organization?
- Why leaders fail
- Developing People