A 2-Day Hands-On TMS Experience
Delivered in Live or Live Virtual Classrooms!
This two-day workshop for government acquisition personnel is designed to give a thorough insight into how a contractor prepares a proposal, and how they analyze your requirements document to find the high-cost, high-risk areas. (This is the
most surprising and popular part of this workshop.) You will also learn not only how to avoid the common mistakes that lead to higher costs, but you will also learn how to anticipate how the contractor, especially technically oriented contractors,
will read your requirements document and how he will prepare his quote. This knowledge will give you immense leverage in keeping the costs down.
Learning Objectives & Topics Covered in this Workshop:
- What are the Red Flag’s in an RFQ for a contractor
- How does a contractor read a government requirements document?
- How does it drive costs and how do your bidders look at risk
- How to identify the high-risk, high-cost areas in your requirements document and what to do about them
- What language in a PWS/SOW drives costs higher?
- How to identify and target the most costly contract terms and conditions
- Knowing the many options available to keep costs down
- How to find excessive costs and how to negotiate them down
Audience: This workshop is designed for all government personnel.
Toolkits: Receive a Student Handbook and Online Toolkit, containing tools such as checklists, tips, techniques, and numerous other tools to help you use your new skills immediately.
CPE Credits: 15.0
CEU Credits: 1.3
Suggested Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
NASBA Program Level: Basic
NASBA Field of Study: Business Management and Organization
Delivery Method: Group