A 2 or 3-Day Hands-On Workshop
Strategic Leadership/ Planning for Organizational Success is a hands-on workshop designed specifically for those mid- and senior-level managers and executives who must chart their organization’s future in a time of massive, high-speed, congressional-level change. This workshop deconstructs conventional wisdom about strategic planning and redefines the steps necessary to build vision, innovation, leadership, and professionalism in government organizations.
This workshop is led by a highly experienced federal government manager who will give you clear, solid, practical advice—and high-level thinking—about what strategic planning is and what it isn’t. The most current, up-to-the minute changes in government are discussed, as well as likely future changes, and how to plan for them. You will discuss strategic planning models with an eye toward the pitfalls and fallacies of conventional strategic planning wisdom. Professional processes are developed within the context of the organization and its needs.
- Survey of classical planning models
- Merits and drawbacks of strategic planning: correct expectations
- Strategic Thinking
- Correct planning principles
- Successful strategic planning processes
- Formulating program strategies
- Medium-range functional programming: Develop strategies, metrics, and tasks
- Translating strategic plans into current decisions
- Techniques for planning
CPE Credits: 13.0 – 20.0
CEU Credits: 1.1-1.7
NASBA Program Level: Basic NASBA Field of Study: Business Management and Organization
Delivery Method: Group Live –Classroom