A 2, or 3 Day Workshop for Government Personnel Delivered in Live or Live Virtual Classrooms!
This workshop will provide Managers, Supervisors, and Employees with the guidance necessary to successfully implement a Telework system. Participants learn how-to techniques to maintain effective communications, motivate and supervise employees, and meet customer demands while engaged in Telework.
Recently, Telework has become more widespread as programmatic and policy guidance has been issued to support implementation of the requirements of law resulting from Presidential and legislative mandates. The growth of Telework has created yet another challenge in managing change, and is forcing Federal Government and DoD Managers to adapt their own performance management styles to cope with a new virtual office supervisory environment. On a large scale it has fundamentally changed the way we interact with each other and our customers.
This workshop teaches Managers how to develop clear, specific and timely performance metrics to use in evaluating employee performance, how to construct and implement an effective Telework security plan, how to write a Telework agreement, and how to implement Telework within their work groups and teams to maximize productivity in the demanding government work environment. Practical exercises include writing a Telework agreement, establishing performance goals, establishing Telework policy, adopting a Telework communications plan, and developing a review plan for workers in a virtual office.
An experienced former government Telework Manager will facilitate thorough in depth discussion on Telework and telecommuting in the Federal Government from a number of different perspectives. This workshop will address what does and doesn’t work well with Telework and thoroughly explain proven tools to implement a
Telework program that reduces real estate costs for Government agencies, improves employee satisfaction, eases the commuting burden on employees, reduces traffic congestion and emissions in large Metropolitan areas, and ensures continuity of essential Government functions in the event of national or local emergencies.
The focus of this workshop is on the clear, practical how-to techniques of managing employees who are engaged in telework and being productive and demonstrating value as a teleworking employee. You will gain powerful new skills to use now!
Each attendee will receive a Telework Handbook and Toolkit filled with tip sheets, checklists, step-by-step guidance, articles, and many other valuable resources.
Topics included in this workshop –
- Motivating the Telework Employee and Workforce
- Managing the Change
- Build Commitment, Dedication, and Esprit de corps Getting Face Time
- An effective Rewards and Recognition Program for the Virtual Office Connecting through Technology – The when, where, and how often! Avoiding Burnout!
- Performance Management –Managing and Working in a Virtual Office Environment
- Trust but Verify – Questions every Tele-Manager should ask! Setting Expectations
- An effective set of Virtual Office Rules to Operate by The 7 Most Common Bad Habits of the Teleworker 7 Principals the Tele-Manager should live by!
- Communicating Expectations
- Monitoring and Measuring Performance of the Virtual Office Employee Motivating in the Virtual Environment
- Demonstrating your value as a Teleworker when you aren’t seen by your boss The top 10 tools used by industry that can work for government telework!
- Enabling Collaboration and Productivity
- Facilitating communications among workgroup members and customers
- Collaboration Tools, Techniques and Tips!
- Collaborative decisions making principals
- The dynamics of group decision making
- Facilitating open discussion
- Alternatives to open discussion