A 3-Day Hands-On Workshop
Course Description:Designed to meet the knowledge requirements of senior Defense and Intelligence Community leaders, this workshop will examine the major challenges the current administration is facing, along with an examination of the history and context of Presidential authority and influence. Among the issues examined will be: the organization and direction of the administration; the likely relationship between the President and Congress; and the changes and continuities in domestic and international policies.
Who should Attend: Senior field grade officers and civilian equivalents (GS-14 and higher) of the Department of Defense or Intelligence Community who are required to understand, communicate and create organizational strategy to align with current policy debates and major issues facing America today.
Structure of the Workshop: Core learning objectives will be covered by a TMS Master Instructor using lecture, case study, and Socratic discussion methods. Highlighted topics will be presented by subject matter experts who will both present information and lead question and answer discussions.
Learning Objectives: At the end of the workshop, attendees should be able to explain in depth and clarify with examples the following objectives.
- Understand the individual and interactive roles and responsibilities of participants in the Executive Branch:
- POTUS / VPOTUS
- Cabinet members
- Address key regional and resource concerns that may drive policy at the 5, 10, and 20 year windows
- Differentiate the legislative and executive roles in policy and funding
Highlighted Topics Covered by Expert Speakers in Past WorkshopsHave Included:
- China-US Relations
- Al Qaeda, ISIS and the Continuing War on Terror
- Ukraine\Russia Crisis
- Middle East Update
- Iran; Nuclear Power and Oil
- The Looming Water Crisis
- Presidency and Congress
- The Evolution of Presidential Authority
- The Media-Savvy White House; Courting Public Opinion
Note: This list reflects actual past sessions and does not predict future topics; actual speaker topics vary in each workshop given. We attempt to accommodate client’s interest in specific topics, but cannot guarantee specific items due to the schedule constraints of some speakers.