A 5-Day Hands-On Workshop and Individual Coaching Session
This dynamic Leadership Development Program is led by Two Former Government Managers/Leaders and is designed to provide an in-depth personalized look at how each participant can improve their adaptive leadership approach. If Leaders ignore the diverse needs of the people they lead and fail to be flexible with their leadership style, there is a greater chance that their key contributors will waste energy moving in the wrong direction, become frustrated with a lack of success, or simply disengage from a project or team. Adaptable leaders understand self, situation and the needs of individual team members. They build relationships and tailor their leadership style in diverse and quickly changing environments. The Capstone Activity of this course will be the development of a very personalized and unique “Personal Leadership Philosophy” that will be supported by a one-on-one private coaching session.
Regardless of what frustrates you as a leader, it’s important that you know how to adapt your style and give peers, subordinates and superiors the personalized help they need. The best of leaders in today’s knowledge worker environment has an exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and a plethora of tools to apply that knowledge effectively. This workshop provides an in-depth look at each leader’s current impact and future potential in their current role.
This workshop is designed with the individual participant’s unique prevailing leadership style as the foundation for learning. Participants will examine leadership theory, traits and principles and conduct case study exercises to gain a clear understanding on how to apply newly learned techniques to guide the their organization to high performance.
By the end of this course, you will have the know-how, techniques and tools to:
- Routinely re-evaluate personal values, individual needs and desired organizational outcomes
- Guide individuals while setting the direction of the organization
- Assess People Skills, Self Management Skills and Technical skills
- Have a conversation with the team and direct reports about what they need and how to get it
- Diagnose the team members’ developmental needs on a variety of tasks
- Understand and Assess the boss to better lead upward
- Assess a team, climate and situation and apply the appropriate leadership style
- Flex ones’ leadership style based on organizational and individual developmental needs
- How to delegate with less stress and achieve desired outcomes
- Coach and mentor individuals toward gaining greater organizational success
- Assess own values, leadership, organizations and develop and personal Leadership Philosophy
Leading Change: Creativity and Innovation; Vision; Flexibility; Resilience
Leading People: Conflict Management; Leveraging Diversity; Developing Others; Team Building
Results Driven: Decisiveness; Problem Solving
Business Acumen: Human Capital Management
Building Coalitions: Influencing/Negotiating;
Who Should Attend?
Managers, First-line supervisors, team leads, project leads, as well as second-line supervisors, managers and experienced leaders.
CPE Credits: 34.0-20.0
CEU Credits: 2.8-1.7
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation: None
NASBA Program Level: Basic
NASBA Field of Study: Personal Development
Delivery Method: Group Live – Classroom